Friday, 27 December 2013

Lush Boxing Day Sale Haul




I have a bit of a tradition of hitting the sales on boxing day and one of the stores at the top of my list is always Lush. They always have a huge sale on boxing day where all of their Christmas box sets and individual Christmas products are half price. It's also worth while popping in a few days later because I've found items from their permanent range that have a slightly earlier date on also half price.

I always stock up on a lot of Lush products in their January sale, especially bubble bars and shower gels. Some of their products do have a short shelf life, but all their products have dates on them and many of them can be used through to October 2014 or even January 2015. I only just finished using the last of the products I bought last year and I find as long as I store them out of the bathroom, somewhere dry and away from direct sunlight they last brilliantly.

So... here's what I managed to pick up this year!




 
The first box I got was their 'Treats' box which contains:
  • From Dusk Til Dawn Massage Bar: I've tried other massage bars before and loved them, but I've never tried this one. It's supposed to be quite an energising bar and smells and feels lovely. Perhaps this is one to save for labour?!!!
  • Gold Fun: I've tried other products in the 'Fun' range. I love how tactile and versatile this stuff is. It can be used as soap, shower gel, bubble bath and shampoo and this one is shiny gold and smells just like Honey I Washed the Kids.
  • Vanilla Dee-lite Body Lotion: I love this product. I've gone through a couple of bottles in the past and it's a lovely not too sickly vanilla.
  • Gorgeous Facial Moisturiser (trial size)
  • Snowcake soap: this is one of my all time favourite Lush soaps. It smells of marzipan and is super moisturising.

 


 
The next box I picked up was 'Candy Box'. This is the box that really appeals to my inner 13 year old. It contains:
  • 100g Snow Fairy Shower Gel: I love this stuff! It is super sweet and candy scented.
  • Rock Star Soap: Again this is super pink, super sweet and super girly
  • Snowman Bath Balistic
  • Candy Mountain Bubble Bar: I have tried this vanilla scented bubble bar other years and loved it, but I'm not sure how I feel about the addition of shimmer this year.
  • Popcorn Lip Scrub: I have tried other lip scrubs in the past and I am looking forward to trying this one, although they usually dry up before I'm half way through.

 


 
The final box I picked up was 'Winter Garden' and this is perhaps my favourite. They packaging and products are just beautiful. It contains:
  • Ro's Argan Body Conditioner: I have just finished the last one of these that I had saved from last year and I absolutely love this stuff. It's super conditioning and has a rose scent that is to dye for!
  • 100ml Rose Jam Shower Gel: This is the same scent as the body conditioner and I love it. I got a large bottle of this for Christmas too.
  • Sultana of Soap: I haven't tried this in years, but I love how creamy the texture and scent are.
  • Helping Hands Hand Cream (trial size)


Then I picked up a handful of individual items.
  • Snow cake soap: I stocked up on a huge block of this marzipan scented soap that I had cut into three pieces: one for each of our bathrooms!
  • Mr Punch Soap: again I stocked up on a huge block of this fruity soap.
  • Snow Fairy Massage Bar
  • Snow Fairy 500ml shower gel: because I can never have too much
  • Gold Fun
Were you able to grab any bargains in the Lush sale? I know it all seems a little excessive, but this really does last me months and months each year and it works out to be really good value. I can't wait to start working my way through it all.

1 comment:

  1. So jealous of your haul! There isn't a Lush in my home town. Will have to stock up when I get back to London. Hope you had a merry xmas! :) x

    ReplyDelete