Sunday, 8 December 2013

Week 32 Pregnancy Update

IMG_5369


How far along?
32 weeks and 5 days. I'm a little behind with these posts, but I felt like I was writing the same kind of things over and over and sixty hour working weeks, Christmas and nursery prep and tiredness are starting to take their toll. Something had to give a little and unfortunately that something ended up being this blog.

Total weight gain?
Still no idea. The battery on my scales has broken and I am quite surprised that my midwife hasn't weighed me since my first appointment. I'm really not that interested in knowing. I don't feel like I've put much on other than on my bump and boobs and it's something I really don't have any hang-ups about. I'm growing a baby. I'm supposed to put on weight!

Maternity Clothes?
I haven't bought any more clothes and don't intend to now other than things I need for my hospital bag. If anyone has any tips on things I need to pack then please let me know. I have been mainly living in maternity clothes and the odd baggy jumper. I'm finding I have to wear a lot of layers and I've become pretty reliant on maternity vests otherwise my bump creates a draft that is unbearable in this cold weather!

Stretch marks?
I am so pleased that I still don't have any. I'm still alternating between Clarins Firming Body Treatment and Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter. I use them religiously. I don't have much of the Clarins Firming Body Treatment left so I'm really trying to make it last. I don't fancy shelling out another £40!

Sleep?
Sleep hasn't been great this week. I keep waking up at about 4:00am and I am finding it impossible to get back to sleep. I find that my baby really doesn't like me lying on my right hand side! Every time I try to, she kicks like crazy! You're supposed to lie on your left hand side when pregnant but it can get a little bit uncomfortable having to lie on my left hand side all night!

Best moments of the week?
My husband and I spent the day in York buying the last of our Christmas presents (well almost the last) and enjoying festive coffees and a nice meal. We also went to the Christmas fayre in our local town which was lovely.

I have also enjoyed having our decorations up, wrapping presents and generally getting in the festive spirit!

Worst moment this week?
Not being able to sleep and feeling exhausted at work. Christmas is a busy time in a primary school! I love it and there's so many fun things going on, but it is hard work. I've been having a nap as soon as I get in.

Miss anything?
I miss mulled wine! It's a bit of tradition for me to have mulled wine whilst decorating the tree, wrapping presents etc. I have tried a mulled wine flavour instant tea, but it's just not the same. I am also back to craving poached eggs with runny yokes like crazy! I went to Yo Sushi on Monday and I cannot wait to be able to eat their salmon and avocado hand rolls again. I also miss being able to easily put my socks and boots on!

Movement?
Yes!! She's moving like crazy! Her kicks are so, so strong! I'm really enjoying feeling her move even when it wakes me up and crazy times during the night.

Food Cravings?
I haven't had any major food craving this week, but I am starting to get a taste for pickles: pickled onions, pickled gherkins and especially the king of all pickles: pickled walnuts! Seriously they are amazing! I'm also craving poached eggs with runny yokes but I can't have them.

Anything making you feel queasy or sick?
No food in particular but I have getting bad heart burn and indigestion.

Gender
A little girl.

Symptoms
Heartburn and indigestion and problems sleeping. Also tiredness.

Belly button in or out?
Still in, but it a little bit more shallow than it used to be.

Happy or moody most of the time?
Happy most of the time. I've felt tired and a little bit impatient at times but I've been happy most of the time.

Looking forward to?
Wrapping more presents and getting more into the Christmas spirit, stripping and painting the rocking chair for the nursery and making a cushion and getting closer to the Christmas holidays so I can put my feet up and chill!

3 comments:

  1. You have me craving all things pickled now and I'm NOT pregnant! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I overpacked so much, I was let out the day after I gave birth, even though I had a c section, so had so much unused in my bags! Depending on how long you're in for and how close you live hubby can always bring more in!
    vitals for me were: lip balm, cereal bars, straws or a bottle with a sucky lid (hard to drink from a plastic hospital glass holding a new baby/breastfeeding if that's your plan!) phone charger and headphones (I had snorers on my ward so listened to music on my phone overnight to try and help me sleep) and a fresh new nighty to put on after your first shower (I had three and used two of them as was sick all over the first one!)
    When do you finish work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope I'm not in long. I don't finish work until the 10th of jan which is about two weeks before my due date but I have two weeks off over christmas. X

      Delete