Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Winter Florals

IMG_5401
 
 
IMG_5392
 
This dress will hopefully be the last maternity clothing purchase I make. I've always had a soft spot for anything floral, especially tea dresses and I fell in love with this one from Topshop. Technically it's described as an 'autumn floral' dress and I can see why, but I just didn't feel right having that as a title for a blog post in December. When it comes to maternity clothes I'm not too fussy about sticking to seasons. I wear whatever will fit which, at the moment, isn't a lot! At first I thought it might clash with my hair colour, but I actually think it complements it. I love it so much I will actually be sad to pack it away once I am no longer pregnant and have finally lost the weight around my tummy. A lot of people have told me that they couldn't wait to see the back of their maternity clothes, but I have become quite attached to a couple of dresses and maternity jeans are the way forward! I would recommend them to anyone! There's plenty of room to expand after a big meal!
 
IMG_5403
 
IMG_5405
Dress - Topshop (no longer on line, but they have what looks like the same one in cream here)
Faux leather jacket - Dorothy Perkins
Snood - Primark
Satchel - Asos
Boots - Topsjop
Gold and black rings - Accessorize
 
 
I wore this dress at the weekend for an indulgent day of going for breakfast at a local cafĂ©, browsing our local Christmas fayre, having a walk along the river banks and attempting my first ever nut roast as a trial run for Christmas day. We are making dinner for my family and whilst I have threatened to only do nut roast, I will be cooking some sort of turkey for others. Well, when I say I, I mean we, or should I say my husband. I will be leaving that bit, the pigs in blankets and the turkey gravy entirely to him. I have never cooked meat in my life and wouldn't know where to start. I'm starting to think we may have bitten off more than we can chew as I will be 35 weeks pregnant on Christmas day and we are just getting back from a couple of days in Edinburgh on Christmas Eve. Oh well, wish me luck! I think I might need it!

What are your plans for Christmas? Any tips for cooking a good Christmas dinner?


8 comments:

  1. A family Xmas dinner at 35 weeks? I'm too scared to even attempt a normal Sunday dinner for myself. Haha. You're looking amazing as always..

    pierrelecat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Trust me, I plan to rely in my husband a lot! He's quite the cook though. X

      Delete
  2. You look so pretty RuBee! I love that dress, I think it was a wonderful purchase. I made dinner for my family last Christmas and it was quite the task! I'll be 38 weeks exactly on Christmas so I'll be taking it easy this year. Plus, it's also my 30th birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think you have the perfect excuse for putting your feet up this year. Have a lovely Christmas and birthday. X

      Delete
  3. Hi dear,

    I like your pretty blog, I'll be back more often =)
    Do you want to follow each other on GFC and maybe social media?
    Let me know so I can follow you back.
    Kisses, Ana
    http://xoxocitygirl.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete