Friday, 13 June 2014

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner


IMG_7167


IMG_7168


Right, I'm going to begin this post by declaring my complete and utter love for this product! Seriously, this is the eyeliner I have been searching for all my life...well maybe that's a little exaggeration, but I've been searching for an eyeliner like this ever since I started trying to master a cats eye flick, maybe about five years ago.

I have tried so many liquid, gel and pencil eyeliners but nothing comes close to this. The main reason I love this product is that it is just so easy to apply. I have had many a disaster when applying eyeliner. There have been many occasions when I have spend ages perfecting my eye-shadow only make a complete mess of eye liner at the last minute. I have such shaky hands and a rather limited ability to wink and keep one eye closed at a time so it can get pretty messy! Please tell me I'm not alone in this. I realised pretty quickly that traditional liquid eyeliners that come with a wand were no good for me so then I tried a few pens, but they always seemed to smudge, were often too soft or too hard and always ran out quickly resulting in a frustratingly faded grey line. Until I discovered this product, gel eyeliner (Usually Bobbi Brown or Mac) had been my go to eyeliner for at least two years.

The pen nib on this Stila eyeliner is perfect. It is the thinnest nib I have come across and it doesn't bend and flop around, but is soft enough to glide over your eyelids. I find that I can create a super fine line for a more subtle look, or if I tilt the nib slightly I can create a thicker line. I've tried to show this in the heart I drew. The left of the heart was drawn with the tip to create a thin line and the right of the heart was drawn with the nib at a slight angle. At first, the thin nib took a little bit of getting used to! I simply wasn't used to such a thin nib and drawing a line so close to my lashes, but after a handful of attempts I had it mastered.

The other amazing thing about this is that is says it is waterproof and it actually is! I have very watery eyes and I always use waterproof mascara on my eyes (it's never as good as the regular stuff, but it's better than total panda eyes). I have had a nightmare with some pens irritating my eyes and streaming down my face, but even when my eyes have watered due o the weather this has stayed in place all day. I even wore this during labour (unintentionally, I just happened to have it on) and there was still a fair bit of it remaining after 16 hours of labour! If that isn't proof of its lasting power I don't know what is!

Also, I have had this for over four months and it's currently showing no signs of running out and fading like other felt tip style eyeliners I have tried.

It's £13 and I bought mine from asos to take advantage of their free delivery, but infortunately the black one is often sold out on there. It is also available on Stila's own website (which I have just discovered also has free delivery) and in Boots. When this does finally run out I may shed a tear but I will definitely repurchase it.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really awesome liner! My L'Oreal liner dried up, so I'm looking for a new one and I've actually been thinking about getting this one now.

    ReplyDelete